The Pittsburgh 100 Launches
Last week, The 100 Companies welcomed its 15th member, Pittsburgh-based WordWrite Communications, with the launch of The Pittsburgh 100. Roughly 15,000 Pittsburghers received the inaugural issue of the bi-weekly eNewsletter, which will feature stories on topics ranging from business news to restaurants, music, fitness and lifestyle, as well as a publisher’s column titled “On Point,” written by WordWrite Communication President and CEO Paul Furiga.
“In the 21st century, business leaders have an increased need for short, digestible content,” said Paul Furiga. “As we launch The Pittsburgh 100, we’re committed to providing busy leaders with intriguing content that is brief, provides insight into issues that matter, and embodies fun by showing the full picture of our great community.”
Updates From The 100 Team
On November 14, The 100 Companies will be leading a member webinar to share our findings on the top keyword searches in each of our markets. Our engagement team has put together the top keyword Google searches by market for all of our members. We have sorted our findings by categories including food, healthcare, non-profits, finance, events, real estate, travel, business, the arts and community.
This information will be extremely valuable as a guide in planning your content and knowing words and phrases to use, and it should have a huge impact on increasing your open rate and the number of page views on your website. Keep an eye out for an email this week on how to register for this event.
“We’re also excited to announce we’re in the final stages of a redesign for the eNewsletter and website, which will include a new look and more features. We will start testing in November in some of our markets, with a rollout targeting Q1 2018.”
– Ted Langford
Ted Langford with members of the Gambel Communications team at The New Orleans 100’s luncheon. (From left to right: Sarah Hugg Centorino, Betsie Gambel, Ted Langford and Anna LeDonne)
News From Our Members
• On October 20, Gambel Communications hosted a luncheon for the sponsors of The New Orleans 100. There were about 30 people at the event, where Gambel and The 100 Companies shared some of their plans for 2018.
• Sandra McGrew was recently introduced by Ghidotti Communications as the Content Marketing Director for The Arkansas 100. She will be responsible for the editorial direction and sales efforts of the eNewsletter and website.
• Goodwin Group PR is planning an anniversary party in November to celebrate its first year as the exclusive member of The Boston 100.
• Last month, S&A Communications of The North Carolina 100 celebrated the 35th anniversary of its firm.
• Yesterday, SPR Atlanta – publisher of The Atlanta 100 – was acquired by The Wilbert Group. Read the full story in today’s edition of The Atlanta 100.